Our message is from [esvignore]Matthew 5:17-20[/esvignore] and is a very important and very divisive subject in the church. How do we understand the idea of fulfillment and the role of the law in the Christian’s life? What even IS the law? What is fulfillment? We will tackle this topic tomorrow, I hope you will be blessed. In the coming weeks we will be looking at Jesus’ own exposition of saying as he gives practical examples to drive home His points and to make sure we have clarity about the issue. The sermon outline is:
- Presumptions – Why does Jesus head off the Pharisees? (v.17a)
- Defining terms (v.17b)
- Law and Prophets
- Revelation of the will of God for man
- Predictive prophecy.
- Ceremonies and the rites
- The Persistent Relevance of the Law v.18+
- Pharisaical Outward Conformity to Letter
- Christian Heart Obedience
- What is our obligation?
Public Reading: [esvignore]Romans 8:1-17[/esvignore]; Benediction: [esvignore]Numbers 6:24-26[/esvignore]