Our sermon this week is a topical sermon entitled The Centrality of the Resurrection. We will look at [esvignore]Luke 24[/esvignore] as we focus on this central event in our faith. From the empty tomb, to the road to Emmaus, to the temple plaza, we will follow our Lord and his closest followers. Our sermon outline is:
- The centrality of the death and resurrection of Jesus in Christianity
- The resurrection validates Jesus’ claim to divinity
- The resurrection of Jesus was God’s plan from the beginning
- The resurrection unveils the deep love of God for us.
- Resurrection Power
- The resurrection has subdued Christ’s enemies.
- The resurrection is our great joy and encouragement.
- The resurrection enlivens the Word.
- The resurrection inspires worship.
- The resurrection sows confidence and joy.
Public reading: [esvignore]1 Cor. 15:50-58[/esvignore]; Benediction: [esvignore]1 Peter 1:3[/esvignore]