This sermon forms the application of our previous message from [esvignore]Matthew 5:27-30[/esvignore], but we will also visit [esvignore]Romans 13:11-14[/esvignore]. We will address some strategies for defeating lust and will draw from many texts throughout the Bible. My prayer is that this message will not merely equip the saints who struggle with lust, but will encourage them that there is a better way and a joyful way.
- 1. Mortification in Practice
- 2. How to Make No Provision
- a. Tend your heart
- b. Put on light
- c. Remember the Omnipresence of God
- d. Remove the Temptations.
- i. Remove tempting People
- ii. Remove tempting Things –
- iii. Purge tempting Memories
- iv. Put in place good for bad, before hand
- v. Count the cost
- 3. Proper Perspective on Mortification
Public reading: [esvignore]John 12:44-50[/esvignore]; Benediction: [esvignore]Psalm 121:7-8[/esvignore]