This week we will read the entirety of [esvignore]2 Samuel 11[/esvignore]. Our lesson will focus on compounding of sin and the public nature of sexual immorality. It is never a private matter, it is a social issue. No one can say “Its just my business, no one else’s.” The sermon outline is:
- Intro and Comments on Last Week
- David’s Bad Moves
a. Plan A
b. Plan B
c. Plan C
- Leveraging Others – Joab’s Usefulness
- The Last Word – God’s Displeasure
a. David was pleased
b. God was not
- Sexual sin is not a private matter
a. Wreaks havoc in the family
b. Wreaks havoc in society.
- David’s Shortcoming Points Us to Christ
Our public reading was a short reading, but one of profound encouragement, [esvignore]1 Timothy 1:12-17[/esvignore].